Legion

A place for my up and coming clan to talk about gaming and anything else.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

My First impressions of the gameplay.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bushido
Warrior
Warrior

PostSubject: My First impressions of the gameplay.   Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:09 am

I've heard a lot of people saying that this game is a 'COD clone', they couldn't be more wrong, in fact it is like COD. Well the control scheme is and that must definitely make it a clone.. everything else is Battlefield and its own.
To me Homefront feels like Battlefield Bad Company 2.8 minus Destruction, this isn't a bad thing since that game is highly underrated by a lot of people - mainly the bellends on the Gears forum cheers -

Ground Control Gameplay: Homefronts gameplay is actually quite refreshing, the match starts extremely slow in GC -(Ground Control) where it is similar to Domination from CoD where teams head to points A/B/C to gain points to the score board, Parrot Drones will be let loose here and enemies will be spotted, including yourself if the enemy team isn't a bunch soft cunts.
The battle will start of like this and will eventually evolve into an APC/Tank battle which -if you are in the right place- is pretty much Battlefields tank battles x 100 because the involvement, I and hopefully other people get is insane, unfortunately this can be heavily dampened if your team mates don't coordinate or communicate in any way at all other than to sing shit songs down he mic.

Battle commander variation: Battle Commander is new to FPS shooters - for me- and the only thing I can think that is similar is the wanted system from Grand Theft Auto or the feel End War gave me, anyway the more people you kill in this mode the more 'wanted' you are by the opposing team, when you are wanted you get such perks as personal UAV, Faster running, extra damage. At first I felt this would be overpowered but what I have seen so far it's not.

Your wanted level can be for Drones, Tanks ect the way the enemy sees this is by a HUGE yellow circle around you on their mini-map so that the Commander can warn of the severity of the situation.

Helicopters: At first I thought these where extremely overpowered and rightly so since no Rocket launcher has a lock-on system but I soon figured out that when you reach level 22 you unlock the Rhino drone which does have a lock-on system and a great one at that, these Rhinos -with Penny Pincher perk enabled- cost 320BP which is a very simple amount to gain.

Unfortunately I haven't flown an Apache yet but I did ride with some random level 45 and gained about 5000XP from sitting Shotgun cheers I was using the secondary weapon which is the pilot if erratic is extremely hard to use.

I'll update this as I play more but right now I can't be arsed affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://legion.pro-forum.co.uk
D_Rock27
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: glitches ; ;   Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:54 pm

homefront delvelopers ლ(ಠ_ಠლ) y u no fix glitch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bushido
Warrior
Warrior

PostSubject: Re: My First impressions of the gameplay.   Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:09 am

^^haha, Shame the game is dying.
Back to top Go down
sebbong
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: My First impressions of the gameplay.   Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:52 am

its gd but with the bugs like i got cant even get passed kaos screen crashes it put a downer on the game hope release patch quick !!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bushido
Warrior
Warrior

PostSubject: Re: My First impressions of the gameplay.   Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:39 am

Few weeks Sebbong, MS need to certify the patch and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My First impressions of the gameplay.   

Back to top Go down

My First impressions of the gameplay.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1